Building Surveying Experience
Ian has over 30 years experience in the construction industry in the areas of construction, design, contract administration and regulatory control. He has been involved in all facets of development control including strategic planning and legislative review as well as the assessment and certification of development applications ranging from residential to multistorey commercial, retail, industrial and institutional buildings.
Since forming Katnich Dodd, Ian has acted as a building surveying consultant on thousands of projects from dwellings to multi-storey commercial buildings and the majority of South Australia’s landmark developments. As one of a small number of building surveyors with structural engineering qualifications, together with comprehensive building surveying knowledge and experience, Ian is often sought after to provide expert guidance on major or complex projects.
Ian is recognised as one of South Australia’s pre-eminent building surveyors and a leader in the development industry.
Academic & Professional Summary
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) Adelaide University
- Member, Institution of Engineers Australia
- Chartered Professional Engineer 294643
- Registered National Professional Engineer (Section 3) for Civil Engineering
- Graduate Diploma in Municipal Engineering
- Graduate Diploma in Business Administration
- Member, Australian Institute of Building Surveyors (Past Vice President — SA Chapter)
- Certificate of Accreditation as Building Surveyor No. 862
- Registered Private Certifier No. 005