Building Surveying Experience
Peter has over 25 years experience in the development and construction industry. This includes several years as a design engineer and consultant building surveyor in private practice and later as Building Surveyor for the City of Unley where he subsequently played an important executive role responsible for a range of portfolios including Planning, Building, Heritage, Traffic and Transportation, Waste Management, Environmental Health and Local Laws.
On joining Katnich Dodd as a partner in 1996, Peter was responsible for the firm’s local government activities. He now provides building surveying and engineering advice to approximately 40 of the State’s metropolitan and rural Councils. He has acted as a building surveying consultant and private certifier on a vast number of developments from project homes to large scale commercial developments.
Peter serves on the majority of the State’s Building Fire Safety Committees and is chair of many. Peter’s proactive involvement in the upgrading of the State’s building stock and upholding of regulatory building standards is widely recognized. He is acknowledged as a leader in his profession and is regularly called on to assist with the training and development of many of the State’s local government building control officers.
Academic & Professional Summary
- Certificate of Accreditation as Building Surveyor No. 1299
- Certificate of Registration as Private Certifier, Register No. 019
- Bachelor of Engineering
- Chartered Professional Engineer
- Member, Institution of Engineers Australia
- Member, Australian Institute of Building Surveyors
- BP Opie Memorial Prize 1984, Sir William Goodman Prize, 1984
- Australian of the Year Nominee, 2011
- Chair, Building Advisory Committee, 2011 –